SD Data Reporting Boundary
Unless stated otherwise, for the purposes of disclosing quantitative data on our SD performance, we collect and report KPIs on a 100% basis for our Hong Kong, Chinese Mainland and U.S.A. portfolios, as well as our hotel operations. Notes accompanying our Performance Data Summary provide additional information about the calculation basis for specific KPIs.
Under the People Pillar, performance data includes portfolio where Swire Properties has full influence over the employee employment contract. This year, we have expanded the boundary of our health and safety data to include contractor-related accident rate.
For the Partners Pillar, sustainable procurement data covers all investment properties and Hotels.
The Performance (Environment) Pillar includes performance data for portfolios where Swire Properties has the full authority to introduce and implement operating policies at the operational level. The reporting boundary of some KPIs, for example Scope 3 emissions, waste diversion and material used includes investment and trading properties that are under development.
For the Performance (Economic) Pillar, the scope of disclosures aligns with the Company’s financial reporting.
It is our practice not to report KPIs for new developments until operational performance data is available for at least one full calendar year after each development has been opened and reached a significant level of occupancy.
Also, when compared to our SD Report 2021, the boundary of KPI reporting in this report has been expanded to include Taikoo Li Qiantan and Taikoo Li Sanlitun West, which opened on 30 September 2021 and 3 December 2021 respectively. The reporting boundary for KPIs also excludes completed developments for sale.
Reporting Boundaries of SD Data in 2022
Hong Kong portfolio
- Pacific Place (three office towers, shopping mall and STAR STUDIOS)
- Cityplaza (shopping mall)
- Taikoo Place (nine office towers, including One Island East and One Taikoo Place)
- Citygate (office and outlets including extension)
- Other offices and shopping malls (South Island Place, SPACES. 8QRE, 28 Hennessy Road and Island Place)
Chinese Mainland portfolio
- Taikoo Hui, Guangzhou
- Hui Fang, Guangzhou
- Taikoo Li Sanlitun, Beijing60
- INDIGO, Beijing
- Sino-Ocean Taikoo Li Chengdu
- HKRI Taikoo Hui, Shanghai
- Taikoo Li Qiantan, Shanghai61
- Brickell City Centre, Miami (shopping mall)
- Swire Hotels (The Upper House, EAST Hong Kong, The Opposite House, EAST Beijing, The Temple House, and, The Middle House and EAST, Miami62)
- Serviced Apartments (Pacific Place Apartments and EAST Residences)
- Restaurants (PUBLIC, Mr & Mrs Fox and The Continental)
60Taikoo Li Sanlitun West was added to the reporting boundary of KPI data collection and reporting in 2022.
61Added to the reporting boundary of KPI data collection and reporting in 2022.
62The sale of EAST Miami was completed in November 2021, and the environmental data from the sale date onward has been removed from the reporting boundary.
We obtain external independent assurance for the content of our SD reports. Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (“Deloitte”) was engaged to provide limited assurance on selected sustainability information contained in this report in accordance with the International Standard on Assurance Engagements 3000 (Revised) “Assurance Engagements Other Than Audits or Reviews of Historical Financial Information” (“ISAE 3000”) and, with respect to greenhouse gas emissions, the International Standard on Assurance Engagements 3410 “Assurance Engagements on Greenhouse Gas Statements” (“ISAE 3410”). The scope of work carried out by Deloitte is set out in their assurance report.
See More In