The Tong Chong Street Market (“TCSM”), created in 2015 in partnership with a social enterprise, is a market held in Taikoo Place selling fresh, locally-produced foods, including organic fruits and vegetables grown by local farmers. In addition to supporting Hong Kong farmers, the TCSM aims to educate our employees, tenants and neighbours at Taikoo Place about the importance of food cycles and sustainable production.
- The Great Farm Feast held at the Lincoln House link bridge in Taikoo Place where five chefs served 10 different courses which were made from local farm produce and sustainably-sourced ingredients.
- To encourage a zero-waste lifestyle, discount incentives were given to market-goers who brought their own reusable utensils.
- Healthy eating sharing sessions were conducted in the offices of Taikoo Place tenants, with fresh local organic produce available for purchase.
- A lunchtime plant-based meat substitute pop-up food truck.
- A coffee festival featuring eight local coffee experts and four award-winning roasters from Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.