We strive to provide guidance and leadership for the property sector in Hong Kong, throughout Asia Pacific and on a global level by sharing our experience and expertise at several conferences and seminars, including:
- “Developing a Carbon Reduction Plan”, organised by The Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce;
- Carbon Audit Seminar for Listed Companies organised by the Environmental Protection Department and HKEX;
- The Demystifying Science-based Targets webinar, organised by the SBTi;
- The Translating Scope 1, 2 and 3 for Commercial Real Estate webinar, organised by the World Green Building Council;
- The World Sustainable Built Environment Online Conference organised by the World Green Building Council;
- The Business Environment Council Enviro-series Conference, where we presented on the topic of “Investing in a Resilient Built Environment and Resilience Strategy”; and
- The Hong Kong Sustainability Award 2020/21 Seminar organised by the Hong Kong Management Association.
In 2020, the World Green Building Council’s Project Taskforce, of which we are a member, developed and launched the Asia Pacific Embodied Carbon Primer. The document discusses how, in order to achieve net zero emissions by 2050, the global building and construction sectors must work together to decarbonise the entire life cycle of built assets and reduce embodied carbon from new developments. Our case study in the report explores how Swire Properties’ science-based targets are addressing the issue of embodied carbon, and how we are working with our supply chain partners to adopt low-carbon construction materials for One Taikoo Place and establish specifications to source low-carbon materials for future developments.
The Business Environment Council’s Low Carbon Charter Progress Report also contains a comprehensive case study on our various decarbonisation actions.